Andre-Pierre Gignac is the latest name to be linked with Arsenal in recent days, Gignac has rejected the latest contract offer and now looks set to leave his club Marseille next Summer. Gignac has been in good form for his club this campaign netting 10 goals in as many games. The French Striker will be available to enter into a pre contract agreement in January.
It is no secret that one of the departments Arsenal need to strengthen is up front but is Gignac the type of player Wenger should be looking at? he is very similar to Olivier Giroud, some might say he is a carbon copy. He has a decent enough goal scoring record but if Arsenal are to be challenging Manchester City and Chelsea they really need to be looking at a more clinical finisher.
Currently Wenger only has one fit out and out Striker in the first team which is Danny Welbeck who scored on Saturday and has made a decent enough start to his Arsenal career, with injuries to Yaya Sanogo and Olivier Giroud it has been a little bit desperate of late and there definitely needs to be a move made for a high profile Striker come January if Arsenal are to finish anywhere near Top Four.
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal: FA Cup Third Round Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang OUT, Dusan Vlahovic IN – How Could Arsenal’s January Transfer Campaign Play Out?
- Arsenal’s January Fixtures Schedule
- Arsenal Transfer Targets For January 2022
- Arsenal vs Southampton: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s top-four chances this season
- Liverpool vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Leicester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration