So Arsenal end March with another good win, and another good performance. Elsewhere, Chelsea lost as well as Man Utd, so we have a much bigger chance at 3rd place, and Liverpool have a much bigger chance at the title. Basically, we are in for a very exciting final 2 months to the season! I think that our grip is almost completely secure on 4th spot, and now we can look on to maybe even getting into 3rd, anything above that it a bit 0ver-zealous, however, we can definitely win the FA Cup, and we should get to the semi-finals of the Champions League. So our season won’t be a failure after all, especially with all of our injured players coming back!
So anyways, today was a game o two halves, they dominated the first, and we dominated the second. We took our chances, they didn’t. It was 0-0 at half time, then a pinpoint freekick from Arshavin gave the lead from a sweet header. Minutes later, Diaby and van Persie combined beautifully, and Diaby bulldozered through and finished powerfully. To finish it off, more slick play from van Persie played in Nasri, who finished nicely on the half-volley.
- Almunia: Concede the penalty, but then saved it. Was a bit nervous off his line, but he did his job when called on. 6.5
- Clichy: MUCH BETTER GAEL! Looked like the Clichy of last season, made great runs, and had a few sweet passes and long balls. Could he finally have found his form of last season? 7
- Toure: A rock at the back again, a captains performance from King Kolo. 7
- Gallas: Got sillily booked, but same as Toure really, I feel really comfortable with those two at the back. 7
- Sagna: Much, much better crosses, and his normal all around performance. 7
- Nasri: His typical roaming self, he attacked with purpose, kept us ticking, and scored a nice goal. Well done Sammy. 7.5
- Diaby: Was a huge presence in the center of the park, won headers, and pushed us forward with good passes and runs. His long legs remind me of an octopus (PV4). 7.5
- Denilson: Quiet as usually, but completed most of his passes, and had a nice effort towards the end. 7
- Arshavin: Quieter than his first 4 performances, but he had an amazing attempt from 25 yards that hit the bar, and his creative passing was as good as it normally is. 7.5
- Bendtner: His physical presence is so important, and he finally got the goal that he needed today. I have always thought he is better than Adebayor, and today is more evidence that it is true. 7
- van Persie: Yes he got two assists, but he is still too selfish. He gets the ball more than anybody, and his decision making has to improve. Other than that he was normal Robin, brilliant! 7
- Song: Tidy and solid
- Eboue: N/A
Join the forum www.arsenalaction.com
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US
- Lesson from pre-season: What did Arsenal learn?
- Mikel Arteta reacts to draw against Rangers
- An overview on Arsenal’s Scotland preseason tour- player ratings for both games
- Three Premier League clubs interested in Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal predicted line-up against Rangers