I have been saying this for a few years now ALMUNIA is not good enough to be our number one keeper.
The clown makes to many mistakes and for me he is a walking nightmare.
If I asked you 2 pick the top FIVE keepers in the league? The Arsenal keeper would not be in them. I’m talking about Cech,Reina,Friedel, Van Der Sah,Given.
They are top keepers who can win games on there own.
Look at the Man Utd game, Ben foster made a world class save at 1-0 and stopped us going 2-0 up. That was the turning point of the game. What did out keeper do? Gifted them a pen and didn’t make a single save all game. AND also the goal vs portsmouth he was to blame.
Dont get me wrong Almunia is a “decent” but Arsenal have a long history of having world class goal keepers. Jens, Seaman, Lukic, Jennings you cant call Almunia world class. He makes to many mistakes at vital times.
Champions league semi final last season and the free kick from Ronaldo? Lobbed by Bentley from 40 yards, to 2 goals away at Stoke. The lost vs Fulham. All down to Almunia….And many more
Almunia is living off ONE pen save from robbie keane vs Spurs thats this it…
When was the last time he had a great match that won us the points? I remember us playing West Ham a few seasons ago and Rob Green saved everything and kept a clean sheet and they won the game 1-0. That’s the type of keeper we need. I even rate Chris Kickland, Tim Howard and Jaaskelainen high then Almunia.
Sorry Almunia you have had your chance at being our number one and you have let us down 2 many times.
We should give Fabianski a run in the side or sign a keeper like Rob Green. We are never going to win anything with Almunia as our number one keeper
You can debate this more (HERE)
- Alexandre Lacazette Situation – To sell or not?
- ‘He is absolutely elite’ – Arsenal fans excited by Sambi Lokonga transfer links
- Arsenal defender is a major doubt for Scotland’s crucial clash against England
- Arsenal’s opening bid for Belgian midfielder rejected
- Is Arsenal still the best club for young players?
- The Approach That Arsenal Will Have in The Summer Transfer Period
- Arsenal’s transfer bid for Nabil Fekir rejected by Real Betis
- Marcel Sabitzer – The Bargain That Arsenal Need To Focus On
- Vinai Venkatesham at loggerheads with Arsenal over European Super League involvement
- How Kieran Tierney will influence Scotland at the Euros