According to ROB SHEPHERD at the NOTW Arsenal will fund a £30m move for Karim Benzema this summer by cashing in on Adebayor. I would be more then happy with seeing the back of Adebayor and replacing him with Benzema. Have to say I cant see Arsenal spending £30m on a single player? But lets see.
ARSENAL are ready to hijack the Manchester United move for France striker Karim Benzema.
The Gunners board will be prepared to fund a £30million fee for Lyon’s Benzema, 21, if Arsene Wenger opts to cash in on Emmanuel Adebayor.
AC Milan have been considering making a new move for Adebayor this week. Togo ace Adebayor, 25, has also been linked with a move to Inter Milan and even Chelsea.
United are in pole position to lure Benzema – but he is also on Real Madrid’s radar. The player says he would prefer another season at Lyon to make sure he cements a place in the France side for the World Cup. But the club’s owners have hinted that a bid of more than £30m would turn their heads.
Gunners chief Wenger has been a long-term fan of Benzema. There were suggestions last summer he had a verbal deal with Lyon offering him first refusal.
On the face of it, £30m would seem out of Arsenal’s range. But the Arsenal board have approved up to £40m on new signings this summer and the sale of Adebayor would boost the transfer pot.
Wenger hopes to sign Brazil midfield ace Felipe Melo, 26, from Fiorentina. But the Serie A club may want £25m with Arsenal valuing him at £15m.
Enjoy this Video of Benzema in action
And dont forget to sign up to our free fans forum www.arsenalaction.com
- Alexandre Lacazette Situation – To sell or not?
- ‘He is absolutely elite’ – Arsenal fans excited by Sambi Lokonga transfer links
- Arsenal defender is a major doubt for Scotland’s crucial clash against England
- Arsenal’s opening bid for Belgian midfielder rejected
- Is Arsenal still the best club for young players?
- The Approach That Arsenal Will Have in The Summer Transfer Period
- Arsenal’s transfer bid for Nabil Fekir rejected by Real Betis
- Marcel Sabitzer – The Bargain That Arsenal Need To Focus On
- Vinai Venkatesham at loggerheads with Arsenal over European Super League involvement
- How Kieran Tierney will influence Scotland at the Euros