According to ROB SHEPHERD at the NOTW Arsenal will fund a £30m move for Karim Benzema this summer by cashing in on Adebayor. I would be more then happy with seeing the back of Adebayor and replacing him with Benzema. Have to say I cant see Arsenal spending £30m on a single player? But lets see.
ARSENAL are ready to hijack the Manchester United move for France striker Karim Benzema.
The Gunners board will be prepared to fund a £30million fee for Lyon’s Benzema, 21, if Arsene Wenger opts to cash in on Emmanuel Adebayor.
AC Milan have been considering making a new move for Adebayor this week. Togo ace Adebayor, 25, has also been linked with a move to Inter Milan and even Chelsea.
United are in pole position to lure Benzema – but he is also on Real Madrid’s radar. The player says he would prefer another season at Lyon to make sure he cements a place in the France side for the World Cup. But the club’s owners have hinted that a bid of more than £30m would turn their heads.
Gunners chief Wenger has been a long-term fan of Benzema. There were suggestions last summer he had a verbal deal with Lyon offering him first refusal.
On the face of it, £30m would seem out of Arsenal’s range. But the Arsenal board have approved up to £40m on new signings this summer and the sale of Adebayor would boost the transfer pot.
Wenger hopes to sign Brazil midfield ace Felipe Melo, 26, from Fiorentina. But the Serie A club may want £25m with Arsenal valuing him at £15m.
Enjoy this Video of Benzema in action
And dont forget to sign up to our free fans forum www.arsenalaction.com
- Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun close to signing new contract
- Arsenal vs Sheffield United – Premier League Preview, Team News & Predicted Line-ups
- Mikel Arteta insists Aubameyang is totally commited to Arsenal
- Arsenal preparing concrete offer for Inter Milan star Achraf Hakimi
- Arsenal wonder boy in the squad for Europa League
- Predicted Arsenal XI against Slavia Prague(Europa League)
- Arsenal Team News ahead of Slavia Prague game
- Arsenal renew transfer interest in Wilfried Zaha
- Arsenal star out for ‘4 to 6 weeks’
- Lucas Torreira’s dad requests Arsenal to allow summer transfer