Arsenal have revealed that Jack Wilshere will not be facing any further action from the club after he sang an anti-Spurs song during the club’s FA Cup celebrations on Sunday.
The Arsenal team took to the stage outside the Emirates on Sunday for their celebration parade following their FA Cup win. It was a chance for players and manager to celebrate with their fans and Jack Wilshere certainly enhanced the atmosphere when took possession of the microphone and sang a certain Spurs related song and encouraged the crowd to sing along with him.
The footage of the parade was broadcast live to the club’s media channel which led them to apologise midway through for the swearing. Wilshere was later reminded of his responsibilities as player by Arsene Wenger but no further action will be taken over the incident.
Opinion: That song is one of the fans favourites, it’s sung at every game and people would be naive to think that Spurs players and fans wouldn’t have done the same thing if they were ever in that position. It shows that Wilshere is a true fan as well as a player and what a way to get the fans all excited and celebrating. Both Arsenal and Spurs thrive on this rivalry and rely on it to play exciting games whatever the result so stop vindicating us for something both parties are completely fine with.
For anyone who missed Jack’s song, here it is:
- Can Arsenal finish in the top 6?
- Alexandre Lacazette steps up for Arsenal against Sheffield United
- Arsenal cruise past Sheffield United in impressive fashion
- Martinelli has a ‘bright future’ at Arsenal claims Mikel Arteta
- What can Arsenal do about their right-back situation?
- Arsenal targeting Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard
- Arsenal keen on signing Brazilian youngster Matheus Martinelli
- Arsenal can sign Houssem Aouar on one condition, claims journalist
- Paris Saint-Germain interested in Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin
- Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun close to signing new contract