With only 4 days until the transfer deadline, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has to decide NOW if he feels the squad is currently good enough to win the title.
Wenger has the money to spend on fresh players after the summer sales of Toure and Adebayor. But will he spend it?
Its been a great start to the season and after hinting all summer that he would sign new 1/2 new players the time has come for Wenger to show his hand in the transfer market.
Wenger has recently ruled out moves for summer targets Chamakh, Hangeland & Matuidi so does that mean that Wenger is happy with the current squad and wont sign any new players? I think so!
Personally i feel we still need 2 players. A CB and a CM, My reasons for this is clear, If Gallas gets injured i dont think the likes for Silvestre & Djourou are good enough to deal with the likes of Drogba so we need a powerful CB.
As for a CM, Alex Song has had a great start to the season but who else in the team can cover that defensive role? lets remember that he will be off to the Africans cup as well, So we must sign a ball winner in midfield. I still feel we need that Flamini type ball winner in the middle of the park at Arsenal and i have hoped that Wenger would address this position this summer.
Like i said its been a great start to the season but lets not forget that we got off to a wonderful start 2 seasons ago and were top at xmas only to fad away and finish 4th. That’s why i feel we MUST strengthen before the deadline and build on this start and push on towards the title
Debate this more in this thread (HERE)
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight