Arsenal have made a miserable start to the English Premier League this season and they will be hoping to turn their season around during the second half of the campaign.
With the January transfer window just around the corner, this is a great opportunity for Arsenal and Mikel Arteta to plug the gaps in their squad and put together a winning run.
Arsenal are in desperate need of reinforcements and it will be interesting to see if they can find the right additions next month.
Here at Arsenal Action, we look at the latest transfer rumours and the three main positions that need strengthening in January.
Arsenal signed Gabriel Magalhaes in the summer and the Brazilian has done an impressive job so far but he needs a reliable partner alongside him and the likes of David Luiz and Shkodran Mustafi have failed to deliver.
Youngster William Saliba has not managed to win Mikel Arteta’s trust and he is yet to get an opportunity at the London club.
The Gunners must look to bring in a quality centre back next month.
Arsenal have struggled to create chances this season and they have managed to score just 12 goals in 14 Premier League games so far.
It is evident that they are lacking a player like Mesut Ozil who can link the midfield with their attack.
They were linked with the RB Salzburg midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai in the recent months but the player has signed for RB Leipzig instead.
Arteta must look to find a quality attacking midfielder or give Mesut Ozil the chance to prove his worth once again.
Arsenal are in desperate need of a winger who can inject pace and flair into their attack.
The likes of Willian have been quite poor so far and Arteta must look to add more quality in the wide areas.
Nicolas Pepe is currently the only first-team winger available along with Willian and the Gunners need more options in that area.
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Atletico Madrid interested in signing Alexandre Lacazette
- Arsenal’s midfield dilemma: What can be done?
- Arsenal transfer round-up: Ramsdale, White
- The striker dilemma at Arsenal
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US