When wenger said we came VERY,VERY CLOSE to signing a player before the transfer window, it got people thinking to who it was? Was it a striker?…. Well according to the Telegraph it was goal keeper Thomas Sorensen. Full report ( HERE )
It is reported that Wenger has lost confidence in Manuel Almunia and is now on the hunt for a new number one but failed to sign Thomas Sorensen from Stoke City on deadline day.
For me Im happy that Wenger has finaly seen that Almunia is not good enought to be number one, but not sure about Sorensen who is also known for the odd mistake.
Maybe Wenger will go back for him in the summer?….
Debate this more on the forum www.arsenalaction.com
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Arsenal interested in signing Inter Milan striker
- Former Arsenal player urges club to sign Manchester United target
- Atletico Madrid interested in signing Alexandre Lacazette
- Arsenal’s midfield dilemma: What can be done?
- Arsenal transfer round-up: Ramsdale, White
- The striker dilemma at Arsenal
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison