When wenger said we came VERY,VERY CLOSE to signing a player before the transfer window, it got people thinking to who it was? Was it a striker?…. Well according to the Telegraph it was goal keeper Thomas Sorensen. Full report ( HERE )
It is reported that Wenger has lost confidence in Manuel Almunia and is now on the hunt for a new number one but failed to sign Thomas Sorensen from Stoke City on deadline day.
For me Im happy that Wenger has finaly seen that Almunia is not good enought to be number one, but not sure about Sorensen who is also known for the odd mistake.
Maybe Wenger will go back for him in the summer?….
Debate this more on the forum www.arsenalaction.com
- Mikel Arteta speaks out on team selection and Eddie Nketiah after Fulham draw
- Mikel Arteta offers injury update on Alexandre Lacazette
- Mikel Arteta vs Unai Emery – A comparison
- Ian Wright identifies perfect partner for Thomas Partey at Arsenal
- Granit Xhaka: Unexpected answer to Arsenal’s left-back crisis
- Arsenal vs Fulham preview: buoyant Gunners plot march up the league table
- Lucas Torreira is desperate to join Boca Juniors
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters
- ‘It is a joy to watch’, Mikel Arteta praises Arsenal duo
- Arsenal’s hope of playing European football next season hangs by a thread